Why is proof of identification so important?
Under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all employers are required by law to ensure that their employees have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
It is a criminal offence for an employer to knowingly employ illegal migrant workers, and this can result in a maximum prison sentence of 2 years or an unlimited fine for the responsible party. As your employer we must be able to prove that you, our employee, are eligible to work in the UK.
When registering with ourselves at Ontime Payroll, we require either one document from list 1 or two documents from list 2.
- UK Passport.
- Passport or National ID Card of a country in the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
- Residence Permit to a national of countries above.
- Passport with endorsement stating that holder has a right of residence, or can stay indefinitely in the UK.
- Passport endorsed to show that holder can do the type of work employer is offering if no work permit held.
- Application Registration Card issued to asylum seeker stating that holder is permitted to take employment.
A document showing your name and NI number (NI Card, P45, P60, Tax Coding notice etc.) together with one of the following:
- Full birth certificate.
- Certificate of registration or naturalisation.
- Letter or immigration status document from the home office to holder confirming he/she can stay indefinitely in UK.
- Letter or immigration status document from the home office to holder with endorsement showing that holder can do the type of work the employer is offering if no work permit held.
Work Permit, together with the following:
- Passport endorsed to show that holder may stay in the UK and take work permit employment.
- Letter from home office to holder confirming that holder may stay in UK and take work permit employment.
Why do I need to provide a proof of address, what are the Money Laundering Regulations?
The Money Laundering Regulations came in to force in December 2007 to protect the UK financial system. As an employer and payroll provider, it is our responsibility to put in place procedures and processes to prove the identity of our employees to prevent any money laundering by criminals or terrorists/terrorist organisations through ourselves.
For this reason we require a document showing your name and NI number (NI Card, P45, P60, Tax Coding notice etc.) together with one of the following:
- Original gas, electricity or telephone bill (telephone bills must show your phone number) no more than 3 months old.
- Original water bill, no more than 12 months old.
- Original bank, credit card or Building Society Statement, no more than 3 months old from an active account.
- Original current local council rent book or local council tenancy agreement.
- Original current council tax bill less than 12 months old.
- Original mortgage statement from a recognised lender, less than 12 months old.
- Original inland revenue document less than 12 months old. Not a P60 or P45.
- Original TV licence reminder or vehicle licence reminder no more than 12 months old.
- Original current known housing association yenancy agreement or current known housing association rent book.
As a business we require the above documentation before you can commence employment through ourselves as your umbrella company.
You can send the above documents to us by:-
- Uploading your documents when registering online
You can find further information on the above by following the below links: –
You can also contact our business managers at Ontime directly should you have any questions or concerns on:
0113 8267260 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more information? – Give our dedicated team a call on 0113 8267260 or, alternatively, request a call back and one of our advisors will get back to you as soon as possible.
Want to join us? – Give us a call on 01138267260 or complete our quick and easy online registration form and we can get you set up within hours.